Cherry Heering is a brand of cherry liqueur made in Denmark. It was invented in 1818 by Peter Heering. It is made from cherries and their juice, with additional flavors of almond, and is aged for five years in barrel. It is 48 proof.
Cheery Heering is a pretty ruby-crimson color and clear. It certainly smells and tastes of good quality cherries, but there's also a bit of Ruby Port aspect to it, undoubtedly from the wood aging. It is rather complex, and nicely sweet-tart.
Some popular cocktails containing Cherry Heering
- Navy Rations — Rum, Sweet vermouth, Crème de bergamote, Cherry Liqueur, Pastis, Bitters, Lemon zest
- Silver & Sand — Cherry Liqueur, Scotch, Aromatized wine, Grapefruit bitters, Egg white, Lemon juice
- Panic Button — Bourbon, Averna, Campari, Cherry Liqueur, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Espadin & Sand — Sweet vermouth, Mezcal, Cherry Liqueur, Orange juice
- Northern Neighbor — Cognac, Bourbon, Cherry Liqueur, Cherry Bark Vanilla Bitters, Orange bitters, Orange peel, Lemon peel, Orange Vanilla Syrup