Cherry Heering is a brand of cherry liqueur made in Denmark. It was invented in 1818 by Peter Heering. It is made from cherries and their juice, with additional flavors of almond, and is aged for five years in barrel. It is 48 proof.
Cheery Heering is a pretty ruby-crimson color and clear. It certainly smells and tastes of good quality cherries, but there's also a bit of Ruby Port aspect to it, undoubtedly from the wood aging. It is rather complex, and nicely sweet-tart.
Some popular cocktails containing Cherry Heering
- Christmas in Hell — Branca Menta, Becherovka, Cherry Liqueur, Lemon juice
- The Sherried Cherry — Speyside Scotch, Cherry Liqueur, Averna, Amaro
- Cells Interlinked — Rye, Amargo-Vallet, Amaro Meletti, Cherry Liqueur, Orange peel
- Navy Rations — Rum, Sweet vermouth, Crème de bergamote, Cherry Liqueur, Pastis, Bitters, Lemon zest
- Nashville Spring — Rye, Aromatized wine, Cherry Liqueur, Cynar, Scotch, Orange bitters, Rosemary, Cucumber, Orange
- Date Expectations — Añejo rum, Cherry Liqueur, Peach bitters, Lemon juice, Maple syrup
- South Park Sling — Gin, Cherry Liqueur, Aperol, Cynar, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Cherry, Lime juice, Passion fruit syrup, Pineapple
- Tellicherry Chilicherry — Cognac, Ancho Reyes chile liqueur, Cherry Liqueur, Amaro Abano, Bitters, Cherry, Black pepper
- Cherry Cobbler — Gin, Cherry Liqueur, Cassis, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Northern Neighbor — Cognac, Bourbon, Cherry Liqueur, Cherry Bark Vanilla Bitters, Orange bitters, Orange Vanilla Syrup, Orange peel, Lemon peel