Cherry Heering is a brand of cherry liqueur made in Denmark. It was invented in 1818 by Peter Heering. It is made from cherries and their juice, with additional flavors of almond, and is aged for five years in barrel. It is 48 proof.
Cheery Heering is a pretty ruby-crimson color and clear. It certainly smells and tastes of good quality cherries, but there's also a bit of Ruby Port aspect to it, undoubtedly from the wood aging. It is rather complex, and nicely sweet-tart.
Some popular cocktails containing Cherry Heering
- The Sherried Cherry — Speyside Scotch, Cherry Liqueur, Averna, Amaro
- Christmas in Hell — Branca Menta, Becherovka, Cherry Liqueur, Lemon juice
- Cells Interlinked — Rye, Amargo-Vallet, Amaro Meletti, Cherry Liqueur, Orange peel
- Nashville Spring — Rye, Aromatized wine, Cherry Liqueur, Cynar, Scotch, Orange bitters, Rosemary, Cucumber, Orange
- Navy Rations — Rum, Sweet vermouth, Crème de bergamote, Cherry Liqueur, Pastis, Bitters, Lemon zest
- Date Expectations — Añejo rum, Cherry Liqueur, Peach bitters, Lemon juice, Maple syrup
- Down for the Count (Negroni x Remember the Maine) — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Cherry Liqueur, Campari, Absinthe, Bitters, Orange peel
- South Park Sling — Gin, Cherry Liqueur, Aperol, Cynar, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Cherry, Lime juice, Passion fruit syrup, Pineapple
- Holiday In Osaka — Shochu, Gold rum, Cherry Liqueur, Club soda, Cranberry shrub, Orange, Cranberry
- Havana Harbor Special — St. Lucian Rum, Sweet vermouth, Cherry Liqueur, Absinthe, Bitters, Club soda, Lemon juice, Simple syrup