Cherry liqueur is a liqueur flavored with or made from cherries, usually in a neutral spirit base. They are usually between 40 and 60 proof. Cherry Heering is a well known brand of cherry liqueur. Cherry liqueur should not be confused with cherry brandy or Kirschwasser, which is dry, clear, and between 80 and 100 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Cherry Liqueur
- Navy Rations — Rum, Sweet vermouth, Crème de bergamote, Cherry Liqueur, Pastis, Bitters, Lemon zest
- Gilroy Cocktail (Rum variation) — Cherry Liqueur, Rum, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Lemon juice
- Cells Interlinked — Rye, Amargo-Vallet, Amaro Meletti, Cherry Liqueur, Orange peel
- The Charlatan — Sweet vermouth, Campari, Cherry Liqueur, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Redrum — Navy strength rum, Campari, Cherry Liqueur, Orange liqueur, Lime zest