Cherry liqueur is a liqueur flavored with or made from cherries, usually in a neutral spirit base. They are usually between 40 and 60 proof. Cherry Heering is a well known brand of cherry liqueur. Cherry liqueur should not be confused with cherry brandy or Kirschwasser, which is dry, clear, and between 80 and 100 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Cherry Liqueur
- Cells Interlinked — Rye, Amargo-Vallet, Amaro Meletti, Cherry Liqueur, Orange peel
- Espadin & Sand — Sweet vermouth, Mezcal, Cherry Liqueur, Orange juice
- Redrum — Navy strength rum, Campari, Cherry Liqueur, Orange liqueur, Lime zest
- Panic Button — Bourbon, Averna, Campari, Cherry Liqueur, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- The Charlatan — Sweet vermouth, Campari, Cherry Liqueur, Orange bitters, Orange peel