Chocolate bitters are a type of cocktail bitters that have a prominent note of chocolate or cocoa. Chocolate bitters lend warmth and complexity to many cocktails, and are natural pairs for orange liqueurs or orange-flavored amari.
Some popular cocktails containing Chocolate bitters
- Smoke 'n Choke — Stout, Cynar, Scotch, Chocolate bitters, Whole egg, Brown sugar coffee syrup
- Easy Speak — Bourbon, Cynar, Chocolate bitters, Bitters, Simple syrup, Lemon peel
- Deadbolt — Mezcal, Blended Scotch, Falernum, Chocolate bitters, Cynar 70, Grapefruit peel
- El Nacional — Campari, Mezcal, Dry vermouth, Ramazzotti, Chocolate bitters, Islay Scotch, Lemon peel
- Campfire Sling — Rye, Chocolate bitters, Maple syrup, Orange peel