Cinnamon syrup is a type of simple syrup that is infused with cinnamon sticks. Cinnamon syrup is one of the two ingredients in Don's Mix (along with grapefruit juice). Cinnamon syrup has a warm spicy note that can mimic oak-aged spirits.
To make cinnamon syrup, make a standard simple syrup, and add 3-5 cinnamon sticks immediately after the syrup is off the heat. Cover the saucepan and let steep for 30 minutes to an hour, then strain the syrup into a clean bottle or jar.
Some popular cocktails containing Cinnamon syrup
- Lazy Sunday — Tequila, Grapefruit juice, Soda water, Cinnamon syrup, Turmeric, Grapefruit peel
- Allen & Wright — Rye, Root liqueur, Bitters, Cinnamon syrup, Orange peel, Lemon peel
- Blown Rose — Rye, Cinnamon syrup, Lime juice, Pineapple juice, Apple
- Cinnamon Girl — Tequila, Navy strength rum, Orange bitters, Lime juice, Cinnamon syrup, Cane syrup, Orange
- Dark Was The Night — Fernet, Virgin Islands Rum, Cherry Bark Vanilla Bitters, Cinnamon syrup, Orange peel