Cinnamon syrup is a type of simple syrup that is infused with cinnamon sticks. Cinnamon syrup is one of the two ingredients in Don's Mix (along with grapefruit juice). Cinnamon syrup has a warm spicy note that can mimic oak-aged spirits.
To make cinnamon syrup, make a standard simple syrup, and add 3-5 cinnamon sticks immediately after the syrup is off the heat. Cover the saucepan and let steep for 30 minutes to an hour, then strain the syrup into a clean bottle or jar.
Some popular cocktails containing Cinnamon syrup
- Fosbury Flip — Irish whiskey, Armagnac, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Cream, Whole egg, Cinnamon syrup, Nutmeg
- Bark at the Moon — Rum, Rye, Averna, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Bitters, Cinnamon syrup
- Port of Call (Tom Macy) — Gin, Ruby Port, Bitters, Lemon juice, Cinnamon syrup, Cranberry preserves, Mint
- Mezcal Pineapple Ish — Mezcal, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Cinnamon syrup
- Song to the Siren — Jamaican rum, Port, Swedish Punsch, Virgin Islands Rum, Bitters, Lime juice, Cinnamon syrup, Nutmeg
- Dark Was The Night — Fernet, Virgin Islands Rum, Cherry Bark Vanilla Bitters, Cinnamon syrup, Orange peel
- Stache — Rye, Pear liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice, Egg white, Cinnamon syrup
- Taylor Precedent — Sparkling white wine, Apple brandy, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Brandied cherry, Cinnamon syrup
- Frontera Toddy — Sherry, Honey Liqueur, Allspice Dram, Apple Shrub, Cinnamon syrup, Kosher Salt
- Orchard Slope — Apple brandy, Allspice Dram, Bitters, Lemon juice, Cinnamon syrup