Combier Rouge (also known as Roi Rene Rouge) is a brand of cherry liqueur made by the Combier distillery in Saumur, France. Combier Rouge is made from an infusion of morello and guignes cherries invented in 1632 by Reverend Mother Gautron of the Benedictine Abbey in Saumur, France.
Combier Rouge is made from all natural ingredients (cherry infusion, sugar, alcohol and elderberry juice) and the production process has not changed since its invention. It is less sweet and heavy compared to other cherry liqueurs, and has a pleasant bitter complexity on the finish. Combier Rouge is 34 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Combier Rouge
- Redrum — Navy strength rum, Campari, Cherry Liqueur, Orange liqueur, Lime zest
- Scotch Lodge — Islay Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Cherry Liqueur, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Fruites Douces aux Fines Herbes — Calvados, Dry vermouth, Cherry Liqueur, Apricot liqueur
- Pera Rosa — Reposado Tequila, Pear eau de vie, Apricot liqueur, Cherry Liqueur, Cranberry bitters, Lime juice
- Impromptu Sling — Gin, Cherry Liqueur, Triple sec, Pimm's No. 1 Cup, Seltzer water, Lime