Crème de Fraise is a strawberry flavored creme liqueur. Crème liqueurs (not to be confused with cream liqueurs, made with a spirit base, cream, and flavorings) are so named due to their very high level of sugar, which provide a texture like cream.
There are many crème liqueur flavors, but all of them are syrupy in texture and low in alcohol, around 30 proof.
Massenez and Briottet are two producers of crème de fraise. Liqueurs labelled "Crème de Frais de Bois" should taste of wild strawberries.
Some popular cocktails containing Crème de Fraise
- CINCO DE MAYO — Tequila, Crème de Fraise, Aromatized wine, Mezcal, Lemon juice, Agave syrup, Red Bell Pepper, Raspberry
- 209 East — Reposado Tequila, Triple sec, Crème de Fraise, Lime juice
- L'x-tradu — Vodka, Dry vermouth, Triple sec, Crème de Fraise, Orange bitters, Grapefruit juice
- Alto Cucina #2 — Bourbon, Dry vermouth, Cynar, Crème de Fraise
- Morantum — Puerto Rican Rum, Crème de Fraise, Orange juice, Maple syrup, Balsamic Vinegar
- Hounds of Love — Blanco tequila, Aromatized wine, Crème de Fraise, Luxardo Bitter, Rhubarb bitters, Lime juice
- Jalapeño Business — Blanco tequila, Mezcal, Sparkling rosé wine, Crème de Fraise, Lime juice, Cinnamon syrup, Jalapeño
- Savage Beauty — Mezcal, Fernet, Coffee liqueur, Crème de Fraise, Lemon peel