It's symbolizing the "Victory", a fitting choice of the original and first ever "Cinco de Mayo" Cocktail.
|1 1⁄2||oz||Tequila, Jose Cuervo Tradicional Silver|
|1⁄2||oz||Crème de Fraise|
|1⁄4||Red Bell Pepper|
|1||bsp||Mezcal, Del Maguey Vida|
– Gently muddle the red bell-pepper and raspberries together into the mixing glass. – Add barspoon of agave syrup to dissolve with lemon juice then fill up with the remain ingredients. – Add ice and shake it! – Strain into a rocks glass filled with crushed ice. – Floating the mescal on top and garnish with lemon zest, stick of berries and sprig of mints; then sprinkle pinch of black pepper. – Enjoy the battle!
It tastes "sophisticated and complex", just like a beautiful summer in the mouthfeel.
“Cinco de Mayo” was inspired by the namesake battle of the world-renowned celebration - the Mexican army's 1862 victory over France. The drink shows off a bloody war that Tequila is base for their nation,Wenneker Strawberry is the love of Mexican and raspberry gives the freshness for color of the blood with the red bell-pepper to give a bit of spicy when France failed. The lemon juice is to give the right balance of a losing battle and agave syrup is just to compliment the flavor of sweetness when they won. The Swizzle Masters Competition decided to make the drinks live at the Vinexpo in Bordeaux so Dubonnet Rouge is to add extra flavors and more complex for the drink. Then the Mezcal and a pinch black of pepper can be added for the smokiness of the war as well as the people who dead in the battle.
From other users
- This could be a simple drink but I believe when it serves to the right people in the right place at the right time then it would become amazing!
- The Culebra Cocktail — Light rum, Sweet vermouth, Pomegranate Liqueur, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- An Icy Wasatch Rohde — Blanco tequila, Crème de mure, Campari, Lime juice, Lemon juice
- Harlan's Restorative Brain Tonic — Vodka, Cassis, Celery bitters, Peach bitters, Lemon juice, Tonic water
- Pear-Ginger Batida — Cachaça, Ginger liqueur, Pear eau de vie, Lime, Grenadine, Cherry juice
- Kroni Berry Flip — Jamaican rum, Cassis, Lime juice, Egg white
- Planters Punch (Simple) — Jamaican rum, Grenadine, Lime juice, Lemon juice
- Test Pilot — Jamaican rum, Light rum, Triple sec, Falernum, Absinthe, Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Lime juice
- El Corazon — Reposado Tequila, Sweet vermouth, Aperol, Cherry Bitters, Cherry, Grapefruit peel
- December Morn — Rum, Apple brandy, Egg white, Grenadine, Lemon juice, Cinnamon
- Artist's Special Cocktail — Rye, Sherry, Redcurrant syrup, Lemon juice