Don's Mix is a blend of two parts grapefuit juice and one part cinnamon infused simple syrup, invented in 1934 in Donn Beach, a.k.a. Don the Beachcomber for use in his Zombie Punch. The Zombie cocktail is an adaptation of this recipe.
Some popular cocktails containing Don's Mix
- Espadin Queen — Elderflower liqueur, Absinthe, Del Maguey Vida Mezcal, Don's Mix, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Cane syrup
- Christmas Island — Jamaican rum, Falernum, Bitters, Coconut cream, Don's Mix, Lime juice
- Opaka Raka — Gin, Bitters, Don's Mix, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Lime
- Saints and Sinners — Demerara Rum, Cognac, Grapefruit bitters, Grapefruit juice, Don's Mix
- Streets Ahead — Light rum, Jamaican rum, Campari, Maraschino Liqueur, Don's Mix