Eau de Vie of Douglas Fir is distilled from the Douglas Fir tree. It recalls the scent of fresh pine needles.
Some popular cocktails containing Eau de vie of Douglas Fir
- Scarlet Knight — Gin, Ramazzotti, Sweet vermouth, Zucca, Eau de vie of Douglas Fir, Cranberry syrup, Lemon juice, Mint
- Arrowhead — Bourbon, Eau de vie of Douglas Fir, Pear liqueur, Bitters, Islay Scotch, Maple syrup, Lemon peel
- Woodsman Sour — Eau de vie of Douglas Fir, Elderflower liqueur, Lemon juice
- Fir Geddaboudit — Eau de vie of Douglas Fir, Herbal liqueur, Maraschino Liqueur, Fernet Branca, Lime juice, Grapefruit peel
- Shiver — Campari, Eau de vie of Douglas Fir, Grapefruit juice, Orange
- Fir Gin Fix — Gin, Eau de vie of Douglas Fir, Orange liqueur, Grapefruit juice
- Forest Murmurs — Blanco tequila, Mezcal, Herbal liqueur, Elderflower liqueur, Blue Curaçao, Eau de vie of Douglas Fir, Lemon juice, Agave syrup, Salt Solution, Rosemary
- Mizz Mazza — Campari, Eau de vie of Douglas Fir, Gin, Ginger liqueur, Lemon juice
- Alaska Forest — Gin, Eau de vie of Douglas Fir, Herbal liqueur
- Eve's Temptation — Apple brandy, Sweet vermouth, Eau de vie of Douglas Fir, Averna, Lemon peel
Brovo (http://brovospirits.com/products/liqueurs/douglas-fir/) also makes a Douglas Fir liqueur.
Are these essentially interchangeable?
The brovo liqueur is sweetened with agave syrup; the eau de vie is fully dry, so no, not entirely. They might have comparable flavor intensity, so the brovo product might work in some of these drinks if the specs are adjusted for sweetness, but experimentation is required. There's also the issue that the liqueur is distilled with GNS (high proof vodka), while Clear Creek distils with their own brandy, which presumably affects flavor and texture.