Lime bitters are a type of cocktail bitters where the aroma and flavor of lime peel predominates. Lime bitters are difficult to produce commercially as the aromant chemicals in lime (mainly citral and pinene) degrade quickly, especially in acidic solutions, into p-cymene and alpha-p-dimethylstyrene, which are harsher.
Scrappy's makes a good example of lime bitters.
Some popular cocktails containing Lime bitters
- Clair de Lune — Gin, Sherry, Suze, Maraschino Liqueur, Licor 43, Lime bitters, Lemon peel
- Oh, My Word — Maraschino Liqueur, Old Tom Gin, Herbal liqueur, Amaro Montenegro, Lime bitters, Lemon peel
- Radical — Rye, Prosecco, Sweet vermouth, Lime bitters, Orange juice
- This, That, The Other — Maurin Quina, Blanco tequila, Port, Lime bitters, Bitters, Lime peel
- Shady Lane — Gin, Aromatized wine, Lime bitters, Blackberry, Soda water, Blackberry syrup, Lime juice, Shiso