Orange bitters are a type of [ingredient=bitters cocktail bitters] where the flavor of sweet or bitter oranges predominates. While orange bitters were very popular in the 19th century bar, they fell out of favor, and it was only in the mid-1990's that commercial versions of orange bitters reappeared on the market.
There are three major producers of orange bitters:
- [ingredient=regans-orange-bitters Regans' Orange Bitters #6],
- [ingredient=fee-brothers Fee Brothers] Orange Bitters, and
- [ingredient=angostura Angostura] Orange Bitters.
Some popular cocktails containing Orange bitters
- Lost in the Supermarket — Scotch, Apple brandy, Drambuie, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Siege of Havana — Gin, Dry vermouth, Swedish Punsch, Orange bitters, Apricot liqueur, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Black Tea Crusta In The Rye — Rye, Orange Curaçao, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Colette — Sparkling rosé wine, Blanco tequila, Cappelletti Aperitivo, Aromatized wine, Orange bitters, Herbal liqueur, Grapefruit peel
- Smoking Cap — Ruby Port, Gin, Gunpowder Rum, Falernum, Orange bitters
- New Jersey Transit — Bourbon, Bitters, Orange bitters, Apple cider, Demerara syrup, Orange peel
- Mayan French Piccadilly — Gin, Aromatized wine, Xtabentun, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange bitters
- David Denizen — Light rum, White port, Orange liqueur, Orange bitters
- White Light / White Heat — Corn Whiskey, Bianco Vermouth, Orange bitters, Candied ginger, Orange peel
- Pear of Jacks — Rye, Applejack, Orange bitters, Pear Shrub, Demerara syrup