Orange bitters are a type of [ingredient=bitters cocktail bitters] where the flavor of sweet or bitter oranges predominates. While orange bitters were very popular in the 19th century bar, they fell out of favor, and it was only in the mid-1990's that commercial versions of orange bitters reappeared on the market.
There are three major producers of orange bitters:
- [ingredient=regans-orange-bitters Regans' Orange Bitters #6],
- [ingredient=fee-brothers Fee Brothers] Orange Bitters, and
- [ingredient=angostura Angostura] Orange Bitters.
Some popular cocktails containing Orange bitters
- Black Tea Crusta In The Rye — Rye, Orange Curaçao, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Viva Alberti — Sparkling white wine, Strega, Cognac, Orange bitters, Cappelletti Aperitivo, Lemon juice, Orange peel
- Colette — Sparkling rosé wine, Blanco tequila, Cappelletti Aperitivo, Aromatized wine, Orange bitters, Herbal liqueur, Grapefruit peel
- Starman Sour — Gin, Amaro Nonino, Apricot liqueur, Orange bitters, Lemon juice
- Smoking Cap — Ruby Port, Gin, Gunpowder Rum, Falernum, Orange bitters
- New Jersey Transit — Bourbon, Bitters, Orange bitters, Apple cider, Demerara syrup, Orange peel
- Mayan French Piccadilly — Gin, Aromatized wine, Xtabentun, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange bitters
- David Denizen — Light rum, White port, Orange liqueur, Orange bitters
- Jerezana — Amontillado Sherry, Manzanilla sherry, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Vanilla syrup
- London Calling (Chris Jepson) — Gin, Sherry, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Grapefruit peel
Explore more Orange bitters cocktails.