Orange bitters are a type of cocktail bitters where the flavor of sweet or bitter oranges predominates. While orange bitters were very popular in the 19th century bar, they fell out of favor, and it was only in the mid-1990's that commercial versions of orange bitters reappeared on the market.
There are three major producers of orange bitters:
Some popular cocktails containing Orange bitters
- Cinnamon Girl — Tequila, Navy strength rum, Orange bitters, Lime juice, Cinnamon syrup, Cane syrup, Orange
- Smoking Jacket — Blended Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Orange bitters
- New Jersey Transit — Bourbon, Orange bitters, Bitters, Apple cider, Demerara syrup, Orange peel
- It Wants What It Wants — Blended Scotch, Campari, Triple sec, Dry vermouth, Islay Scotch, Orange bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Salt Solution
- Teenage Riot — Rye, Cynar, Dry vermouth, Amontillado Sherry, Orange bitters, Lemon peel