Orange bitters are a type of cocktail bitters where the flavor of sweet or bitter oranges predominates. While orange bitters were very popular in the 19th century bar, they fell out of favor, and it was only in the mid-1990's that commercial versions of orange bitters reappeared on the market.
There are three major producers of orange bitters:
Some popular cocktails containing Orange bitters
- Tipperary Cocktail (Dead Rabbit) — Irish whiskey, Sweet vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters, Water, Simple syrup
- Northern Neighbor — Cognac, Bourbon, Cherry Liqueur, Cherry Bark Vanilla Bitters, Orange bitters, Orange peel, Lemon peel, Orange Vanilla Syrup
- Margara — Añejo tequila, Orange liqueur, Cynar, Orange bitters, Lime juice
- Arrack Strap — Virgin Islands Rum, Batavia Arrack, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Bitters, Orange bitters, Rich demerara syrup 2:1, Orange peel
- Allie Elizabeth Sleeping — Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Dry vermouth, Mezcal, Jamaican rum, Orange bitters