Orange bitters are a type of cocktail bitters where the flavor of sweet or bitter oranges predominates. While orange bitters were very popular in the 19th century bar, they fell out of favor, and it was only in the mid-1990's that commercial versions of orange bitters reappeared on the market.
There are three major producers of orange bitters:
Some popular cocktails containing Orange bitters
- Son of a Preacher Man — Bourbon, Elderflower liqueur, Orange bitters, Absinthe, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Jerezana — Amontillado Sherry, Manzanilla sherry, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Vanilla syrup
- Margara — Añejo tequila, Orange liqueur, Cynar, Orange bitters, Lime juice
- Amaroland — Sweet vermouth, Amaro Lucano, Amaro, Fernet Branca, Orange bitters
- Tipperary Cocktail (Dead Rabbit) — Irish whiskey, Sweet vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters, Water, Simple syrup