Orange bitters are a type of cocktail bitters where the flavor of sweet or bitter oranges predominates. While orange bitters were very popular in the 19th century bar, they fell out of favor, and it was only in the mid-1990's that commercial versions of orange bitters reappeared on the market.
There are three major producers of orange bitters:
Some popular cocktails containing Orange bitters
- Sex In the Rumble Seat — Old Tom Gin, Apple brandy, Dry vermouth, Peach liqueur, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Grenadine
- Root of All Evil — Bourbon, Orange liqueur, Maraschino Liqueur, Fernet Branca, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- 2 to 2 — Aperol, Absinthe, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Orange peel
- Red Danube — Zwack liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Orange bitters, Lime juice, Orange peel
- Creep — Campari, Mirto, Orange bitters, Grapefruit juice