Orange bitters are a type of cocktail bitters where the flavor of sweet or bitter oranges predominates. While orange bitters were very popular in the 19th century bar, they fell out of favor, and it was only in the mid-1990's that commercial versions of orange bitters reappeared on the market.
There are three major producers of orange bitters:
Some popular cocktails containing Orange bitters
- Blue Collar Cocktail — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange bitters, Bitters, CioCiaro, Lemon peel
- Dark and Orangey — Dark rum, Ginger liqueur, Triple sec, Orange bitters, Lime juice, Lemon peel
- Forty Virtues — Armagnac, Bianco Vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Orange bitters
- Son of a Preacher Man — Bourbon, Elderflower liqueur, Orange bitters, Absinthe, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Tipperary Cocktail (Dead Rabbit) — Irish whiskey, Sweet vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters, Water, Simple syrup