Orange bitters are a type of cocktail bitters where the flavor of sweet or bitter oranges predominates. While orange bitters were very popular in the 19th century bar, they fell out of favor, and it was only in the mid-1990's that commercial versions of orange bitters reappeared on the market.
There are three major producers of orange bitters:
Some popular cocktails containing Orange bitters
- Smoking Jacket — Blended Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Orange bitters
- Sex In the Rumble Seat — Old Tom Gin, Apple brandy, Dry vermouth, Peach liqueur, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Grenadine
- The Beachy Irishman — Irish whiskey, Triple sec, Orange bitters, Egg white, Orgeat, Pineapple juice, Lemon juice
- Martini — Gin, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Lemon zest
- Teenage Riot — Rye, Cynar, Dry vermouth, Amontillado Sherry, Orange bitters, Lemon peel