Orange bitters are a type of cocktail bitters where the flavor of sweet or bitter oranges predominates. While orange bitters were very popular in the 19th century bar, they fell out of favor, and it was only in the mid-1990's that commercial versions of orange bitters reappeared on the market.
There are three major producers of orange bitters:
Some popular cocktails containing Orange bitters
- Margara — Añejo tequila, Orange liqueur, Cynar, Orange bitters, Lime juice
- Apples and Oranges — Apple brandy, Elderflower liqueur, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- The Teddy — Bourbon, Crème de Noyaux, Bitters, Orange bitters, Bitter lemon soda, Sugar
- SunRye — Campari, Rye, Orange bitters, Orange peel, Orange juice
- Blue Collar Cocktail — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange bitters, Bitters, CioCiaro, Lemon peel