Salt Solution is salt dissolved into water. It can be used to enhance savory flavors in cocktails, and to increase the perception of bitter, mineral, or sour flavors.
Salt is one of the five primary flavors (along with sweet, sour, bitter, and umami -- savoryness).
Some popular cocktails containing Salt Solution
- Kombu Holler — Corn Whiskey, Bitters, Lime peel, Lime juice, Kombu syrup, Saline
- It Wants What It Wants — Blended Scotch, Campari, Triple sec, Dry vermouth, Islay Scotch, Orange bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Salt Solution
- Black Bowtie Gimlet — Gin, Bitters, Salt Solution, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Squid ink
- Navy Strength Old Fashioned — Navy strength rum, Navy strength gin, Bitters, Orange peel, Rich demerara syrup 2:1, Salt Solution
- Ma Cherie — Fino sherry, Herbal liqueur, Falernum, Lime juice, Pineapple Gum Syrup, Salt Solution, Celery stalk, Cucumber