Solerno blood orange liqueur is a brand of liqueur owned by William Grant and made from Sicilian Sanguinello blood oranges. Solerno is actually a blend of three different distillates: one from the flesh of the oranges, one from their skin, and the third a lemon distillate. These are all done in pot stills, then blended with neutral grain spirits and sweetened with beet sugar.
Solerno is clear, with a pale yellow tinge to it. It is moderately sweet, and bottled at 80 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Solerno blood orange liqueur
- To Be Continued — Calvados, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice, Cinnamon syrup
- The Redhead — Orange vodka, Orange liqueur, Cranberry juice, Lime foam
- Minor Burn — Gin, Orange liqueur, Grapefruit bitters, Grapefruit juice, Tonic water, Jalapeño
- Antica Umber — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Orange liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice
- Alchemist — Scotch, Aromatized wine, Orange liqueur, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Prologue — Gin, Orange liqueur, Jägermeister, Lemon juice
- Treble Green — Sparkling white wine, Vodka, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange liqueur, Lime juice, Apple puree, Cucumber syrup, Cucumber
- Darkness at Pegu — Gin, Orange liqueur, Bitters, Campari, PInk grapefruit juice