Tia Maria is a brand of coffee and vanilla flavored liqueur owned by Illva Saronno. Invented in the 1950's by Dr. Kenneth Leigh Evans, Tia Maria is a blend of sugarcane spirit infused with Jamaican coffee, sugar and vanilla.
Tia Maria is a golden-amber color and clear. It smells of caramel and the roasty note of coffee, with some undertones of sweetness and vanilla. It has a light syrupy texture and is fairly sweet, with flavors of coffee and vanilla. Tia Maria is bottled at 40 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Tia maria
- Windward and Leeward — Rum, Triple sec, Cynar, Orange bitters, Bitters, Ginger liqueur, Coffee liqueur, Bourbon
- Rubber Soul — Añejo rum, Coffee liqueur, Campari, Bitters, Orange peel
- Revolver — Bourbon, Coffee liqueur, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- The Italian Job — Bourbon, Coffee liqueur, Amaretto, Sweet vermouth, Espresso, Orange peel
- Papillon — Guatemalan rum, Armagnac, Triple sec, Coffee liqueur, Herbal liqueur, Lemon peel