Tuaca is a brand of liqueur produced by the Tuaca Liqueur Company of Louisville, Kentucky. Originally created for Lorenzo di Medici in the 15th century, the recipe was rediscovered by brothers-in-law Gaetano Tuoni and Giorgio Canepa in 1938 and given a name derived from their last names.
Tuaca has a base of Italian brandy, which is then infused with other spirits, sugar, citrus and vanilla. Tuaca is amber in color and moderately sweet, with strong flavors of citrus that are softened by vanilla. Tuaca is bottled at 70 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Tuaca
- Challenge Excepted — Bourbon, Fernet Branca, Tuaca, Triple sec
- Infinity Is A Shark — Demerara Rum, Jamaican rum, Crème de Cacao, Tuaca, Allspice Dram, Soda water, Lime juice
- Tuscan Mule — Tuaca, Bitters, Ginger beer, Lime juice
- Vespa Jockey — Gin, Tuaca, Campari, Lemon peel
- Swagger Rite — Añejo rum, Meletti Amaro, Tuaca, Fernet Branca, Root liqueur, Virgin Islands Rum, Orange peel