This cocktail is a smooth a delicious summer drink that goes well with a hearty dish such as braised short ribs. At least it did when I first tried it.
|2||oz||Bourbon, Maker's Mark|
|1⁄2||oz||Triple sec, Cointreau|
Tracie says that the garnish, 3 brandied cherries on a stick, is very important - the tiny amount of brandy seals the deal.
Tracie Herrmann was challenged by a customer to marry Maker's Mark and Fernet Branca - and this is what she came up with. There is already a "Challenge Accepted" cocktail in the database - Tracy's desired name - so I am calling this one "Challenge Excepted." Interestingly enough, that one also contains Fernet. The system also provides a few other similar drinks - the Alcazer and the Root of All Evil in particular perhaps.
- Alcazer — Rye, Orange liqueur, Fernet Branca
- Sagebrush — Bourbon, Amaro Nonino, Orange liqueur, Allspice Dram, Orange bitters, Sage
- Root of All Evil — Bourbon, Orange liqueur, Maraschino Liqueur, Fernet Branca, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Manhattanhenge — Rye, Blood Orange Liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Amargo-Vallet, Bitters, Orange peel
- John the Revelator — Bourbon, Suze, Amaro Montenegro, Orange bitters
- Meatpacker — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Limoncello, Bitters
- Orange Union — Bourbon, Campari, Triple sec, Wolfberger Amer Orange, Orange peel
- Cherry Bomb — Bourbon, Amaro Montenegro, Cherry Liqueur, Bitters
- World's fair — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Amaro Montenegro, Walnut Liqueur, Bitters
- Babette's Supper Club — Bourbon, Grapefruit liqueur, Amaro, Bitters, Lemon peel