Cinnamon syrup is a type of simple syrup that is infused with cinnamon sticks. Cinnamon syrup is one of the two ingredients in Don's Mix (along with grapefruit juice). Cinnamon syrup has a warm spicy note that can mimic oak-aged spirits.
To make cinnamon syrup, make a standard simple syrup, and add 3-5 cinnamon sticks immediately after the syrup is off the heat. Cover the saucepan and let steep for 30 minutes to an hour, then strain the syrup into a clean bottle or jar.
Some popular cocktails containing Cinnamon syrup
- Allen & Wright — Rye, Root liqueur, Bitters, Cinnamon syrup, Orange peel, Lemon peel
- Rocksteady — Rum, Ginger liqueur, Allspice Dram, Bitters, Lime juice, Cinnamon syrup, Hellfire Habanero Shrub, Thyme
- The Bamboozled Angel — Bourbon, Bitters, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice, Cinnamon syrup, Grapefruit peel
- Autumnal — Bourbon, Bénédictine, Bitters, Apple cider, Orange peel, Cinnamon syrup
- Shadows & Tall Trees — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Nocino, Bitters, Cinnamon syrup