|1 1⁄2||oz||Kummel, Gilka|
Build in a shaker, adding yolk last and giving it a dry shake. Shake hard quickly then strain into a collins glass. Fill with crushed ice.
Reminds me of a Golden Age cocktail from the VH days. Combier Kummel works too but has even more caraway and I think it a bit much.
Made for the Blackbird Winter 2014/15 menu, flavor combination introduced by Fernando Villa.
- Aura — Gin, Tawny port, Absinthe, Dry vermouth, Bitters, Raspberry, Fine sugar, Egg white, Lemon juice
- The Thunderball — Gin, Sorel liqueur, Blackberry, Huckleberry jam, Greek yogurt, Lemon juice, Mint
- Peach Blow Fizz — Gin, Strawberry, Soda water, Lemon juice, Heavy cream, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- The Sour Heard Round the World — Bourbon, Sloe gin, Hibiscus Liqueur, Blue Curaçao, Egg white, Maraschino cherry, Lemon juice
- Fetal Position — Rye, Sorel liqueur, Calvados, Bitters, Brandied cherry, Egg white, Lemon juice, Maple syrup