Expected to be bitter, but quite smooth
|1 1⁄2||oz||Gin, Citadelle|
Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a frozen coupe glass. Optional garnish: an orange twist.
I had expected the flavor to be a bit more bitter, but for a first experiment I found it quite smooth, as did a few others who tried a taste.
I was in my favorite restaurant in Chino, CA and wanted "something bitter" using Fernet Branca. The bartender had no ideas, so I decided a riff on the Negroni would be interesting.
From other users
- Dominated by the fernet
- Black Negroni — Gin, Campari, Averna, Orange bitters, Bitters
- La Dura Vita — Gin, Campari, Averna
- Tax the Daisy — Gin, Ramazzotti, Apricot liqueur, Orange bitters, Bitters, Lemon peel, Orange peel
- Midnight Ruby — Gin, Campari, Black Balsams, Grapefruit juice
- Choke up, little Suzy — Suze, Cynar, Gin, Orange peel