|3⁄4||oz||Grapefruit juice (white)|
Shake, strain, up, optional grapefruit twist.
A Scotch Brown Derby that actually predates that cocktail by a few years, first appearing in 1927's Here's How by Judge Jr., and reappearing (with a call for generic "whisky") in the Savoy. The original calls for 1/2 part Scotch to 1/4 part each grapefruit juice and honey, which many modern palates (mine included) find cloying.
From other users
- A bit dull.
- De Rigueur 2 — Bourbon, Scotch, Grapefruit juice, Honey syrup
- Blinker — Rye, Grapefruit juice, Raspberry syrup
- Dark Day — Rye, Amer Picon, Bitters, Grapefruit juice, Wild hibiscus syrup
- Brown Derby — Bourbon, Grapefruit juice, Honey syrup
- The Comet — Cognac, Triple sec, Drambuie, Grapefruit juice, Grapefruit peel
- the Nevins — Bourbon, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Orange juice, Lemon juice
- Beacon Hill Sidecar — Gold rum, Orange liqueur, Apple brandy, Cognac, Bitters, Lime juice
- Baren Derby — Bourbon, Bärenjäger, Grapefruit juice, Grapefruit peel
- Cloak and Dagger — Blended Scotch, Mandarin orange liqueur, Black pepper tincture, Bitters, Lemon juice
- RCM — Canadian whisky, Lemon juice, Orange juice, Maple syrup, Bacon syrup