|1 1⁄2||oz||Rum, Banks|
|1⁄2||oz||Elderflower liqueur, St. Germain|
|1⁄4||oz||Crème de Violette|
|2||T||Lavender (seeds or buds for garnish)|
Dry shake all ingredients, then add ice and shake again. Strain and garnish with lavender buds or seeds. Serve up in a coupe.
The original recipe from Town & Country Magazine by the Atwood bar in NYC calls specifically for Banks rum, but I tried Pyrat and also Appleton Estate which make it darker and richer but I think any aged rum would be fine. I also made my lavender syrup with fresh lavender buds from a plant in my yard and used honey instead of sugar. The basic simple syrup recipe is 1:1 sugar to water, but I used less of the honey, maybe ¾ cup to 1 cup water and 2 tablespoons of fresh lavender buds. Also fresh lavender buds for the garnish as well.
From other users
- I made this with gin instead of rum and left out the egg white. Excellent.
- South American Gentleman's Companion — Singani, Solbeso, Chamomile, Cane syrup, Egg white, Lime juice, Lemon juice
- Please Me Rosy — Herbal liqueur, Coffee liqueur, Lavender bitters, Rose petal, Lime juice, Chinotto
- Blooey Blues — Rum, Crème de Violette, Sherry, Lime juice
- Winter's Blush — Light rum, Herbal liqueur, Crème de Violette, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Orange peel
- Dirty Flyer — Gin, Crème de Violette, Egg white, Grapefruit juice, Lavender syrup, Sherry vinegar
- Camomila — Gin, Chamomile liqueur, Bitters, Meyer lemon juice, Honey syrup, Lemon juice
- Water Lily — Gin, Crème de Violette, Triple sec, Lemon juice, Orange peel
- Christmas Concoction — Gin, Crème de Violette, Cassis, Aztec Chocolate bitters, Lime juice
- Parisian Postcard — Gin, Pamplemousse Rose, Peychaud's Bitters, Rose Petal Jam, Lemon juice
- The Vicomte's Sidecar — Cognac, Rose liqueur, Lemon juice