|1 1⁄2||oz||Aquavit (Venus special release (fat washed with turkey schmaltz and gribenes))|
|1||oz||Amontillado Sherry (La garrogha)|
|1⁄4||oz||Falernum, Velvet Falernum|
|2||ds||Celery bitters, Fee Brothers|
|1||Cranberry (candied, as garnish)|
|1||wdg||Orange (as garnish)|
Stir and pour over large rock. Garnish by taking short orange wedge, make two perpendicular cuts from flesh to peel, placing candied cranberry in orange and piercing both with a single skewer. For an extra flare on the garnish, add a strip of turkey gribenes (crispy rendered skin). This is a really unusual and interesting cocktail, and it falls completely out of balance if any of the ingredients are left out. I'm sure some substitutions could work, but others will leave it with an overly unctuous or even medicinal quality (for instance, I tried benedictine in lieu of the liqueurs, and it bombed).
Fat washing done at home by rendering turkey skin and fat. Allow to cool and place in aquavit for five days at room temperature. Place in freezer overnight. Drain and filter thoroughly.
- Ski Mask #1 — Aquavit, Bianco Vermouth, Grenadine
- Tigrebyn — Aquavit, Triple sec, Lime juice, Cranberry juice
- The Kung Fu — Aquavit, Aperol, Lime juice, Orgeat
- Lee-Stumper — Aquavit, Lemon juice, Grapefruit juice, Rich simple syrup 2:1
- Midnight Sun (Aquavit) — Aquavit, Lemon juice, Grapefruit juice, Grenadine, Sugar, Orange
- Litigious Rock — Aquavit, Aperol, Herbal liqueur, Lime juice
- Occidental — Aquavit, Orange liqueur, Amaro Nonino, Fernet Branca, Orange peel
- Where the Bodies are Buried — Aquavit, Apricot liqueur