Velvet Falernum (a.k.a. John D. Taylor's Velvet Falernum) is a commercial brand of falernum made on the island of Barbados by the R. L. Seale company. It was invented in 1890 by the eponymous Taylor, but was out of the United States market for years before being re-introduced by Haus Alpenz. It is 22 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Velvet Falernum
- Agnostic Monk — Rye, Bénédictine, Islay Scotch, Falernum, Lactart
- The CooCoo Nut — Gin, Absinthe, Crème de Menthe, Falernum
- Wall Street Insider — Bourbon, Falernum, Campari, Fernet Branca, Chocolate bitters, Orange peel
- Campari Swizzle — Chinato, Martinique Rum, Falernum, Campari, Lemon juice
- Ma Cherie — Fino sherry, Herbal liqueur, Falernum, Lime juice, Pineapple Gum Syrup, Salt Solution, Celery stalk, Cucumber