Velvet Falernum (a.k.a. John D. Taylor's Velvet Falernum) is a commercial brand of falernum made on the island of Barbados by the R. L. Seale company. It was invented in 1890 by the eponymous Taylor, but was out of the United States market for years before being re-introduced by Haus Alpenz. It is 22 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Velvet Falernum
- Ma Cherie — Fino sherry, Herbal liqueur, Falernum, Lime juice, Pineapple Gum Syrup, Salt Solution, Celery stalk, Cucumber
- Pear Collins — Bourbon, Falernum, Bitters, Pear juice, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, CioCiaro
- The Sandcastle — Rum, Martinique Rum, Falernum, Pisco, Peychaud's Bitters, Watermelon juice, Lime juice
- Agnostic Monk — Rye, Bénédictine, Islay Scotch, Falernum, Lactart
- Wall Street Insider — Bourbon, Falernum, Campari, Fernet Branca, Chocolate bitters, Orange peel