Velvet Falernum (a.k.a. John D. Taylor's Velvet Falernum) is a commercial brand of falernum made on the island of Barbados by the R. L. Seale company. It was invented in 1890 by the eponymous Taylor, but was out of the United States market for years before being re-introduced by Haus Alpenz. It is 22 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Velvet Falernum
- Agnostic Monk — Rye, Bénédictine, Islay Scotch, Falernum, Lactart
- Campari Swizzle — Chinato, Martinique Rum, Falernum, Campari, Lemon juice
- Omaha Sling — Añejo rum, Falernum, Ginger ale, Blackberry shrub, Lemon juice
- Pear Collins — Bourbon, Falernum, Bitters, Pear juice, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, CioCiaro
- Chee Hoo Fizz — Cognac, Falernum, Peychaud's Bitters, Egg white, Orgeat, Lime juice, Lime peel