A Genever Manhattan riff named after an early 1980s poet-punk song.
|1⁄2||oz||Sweet vermouth, Carpano Punt e Mes|
|2||ds||Absinthe (I used 1/2 bsp (1/16th oz))|
|1||twst||Lemon peel (As garnish)|
Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with a lemon twist.
I was inspired by the bottle of Cardamaro, and I was inspired to create this Genever Manhattan riff based off of what would work well with that amaro. For a name, I dubbed this one after a Richard Hell and the Voidoids song after thinking about how I was swapping around ingredient pairings from other recipes to assemble this one.
From other users
- Made with 4 drops of absinthe, and one drop of lemon bitters, since I was out of lemons. Also used scant 1/4 oz maraschino since I think m. is kind of a bully.
- Yacht Club — Genever, Absinthe, Dry vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Lemon peel
- Hercules — Old Tom Gin, Sweet vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters, Orange cream citrate
- Astroturf — Old Tom Gin, Sweet vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Absinthe, Lemon bitters
- Hoity-Toity — Oude genever, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Orange peel
- Kiss — Gin, Aromatized wine, Sweet vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Apple
- (Variation on) Variations on a Theme — Old Tom Gin, Cherry Liqueur, Maraschino Liqueur, Campari, Bitters
- Sage Widow — Gin, Bénédictine, Pear eau de vie, Bitters, Orange bitters, Tea syrup
- Yale Cocktail — Gin, Crème Yvette, Dry vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Gin and It — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Orange peel
- Figgy Martin — Old Tom Gin, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Simple syrup, Lemon peel