A Mexican riff on the iconic Trinidad Sour with Mexico City’s Amargo-Vallet as the base instead of angostura and Mezcal playing the spicy note that rye would have played in the original.
Shake with ice. Double strain. Nick and Nora glass is nice.
Egg whites are nice as well. Add a dry shake if using.
From other users
- The proportions on this seem off. The sweetness of the orgeat is overpowering. Even with tinkering with those proportions, it never seemed to come together.
- North Shore Sour — Hum, Islay Scotch, Orgeat, Lemon juice
- USS Bomber — Absinthe, Blue Curaçao, Suze, Peychaud's Bitters, Lemon juice, Coconut syrup, Mint
- Jakartian Peardition — Batavia Arrack, Oloroso sherry, Pear liqueur, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Orgeat, Cinnamon syrup
- Drink Lab #1 — Pastis, White Crème de Cacao, Lemon juice, Orgeat, Orange flower water