|1||oz||Triple sec, Cointreau|
Shake, strain, rocks or up, salt optional
I was at a high-end restaurant whose drink menu was a bit thin in the "interesting" drink department. They had a Gin / Campari ./ Triple Sec "Martini" (yes, sigh), but as I had been drinking a lot of those ingredients, I focused on the Strawberry Margarita with fresh puree. Thinking the roughness of the tequila would work with the bitter of Campari, I substituted Campari for the berries
From other users
- A nice introduction to the charms of Campari. Pretty pink color, too.
- Delicious sour. Simple and refreshing. Overwhelms the tequila just a bit. Conceivably could benefit from one other note.
- March 12th
- Cut the lime to .75oz, upped Campari to .75oz. Served on the rocks, with a generous pinch of salt and 10 drops of absinthe. The absinthe was a very nice addition - might try mixing some directly into the drink next time.
- Margarita — Tequila, Triple sec, Lime juice
- Mama Marlowe — Light rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Grapefruit bitters, Lime juice, Orange juice, Simple syrup
- Samarian Sunset — Tequila, Campari, Lime juice, Orange juice, Simple syrup
- Sierra Madre — Tequila, Allspice Dram, Orange bitters, Bitters, Orange juice, Lemon juice
- Mark's Margarita — Tequila, Triple sec, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- The Mediation — Pisco, Limoncello, Cognac, Bitters, Lime juice, Egg white
- Tiki Diki — Jamaican rum, Ginger liqueur, Licor 43, Grapefruit bitters, Bitters, Lime juice, Strawberry
- Southbound — Tequila, Aperol, Grapefruit bitters, Grapefruit juice, Agave syrup, Lime juice, Rosemary
- El Dorado de Pizarro — Sotol, Orange liqueur, Averna, Bitters, Lime juice, Salt
- Margarita Violette — Blanco tequila, Triple sec, Crème de Violette, Lime juice