Shake, strain over ice in a highball, express and insert twist. Some garnish with nutmeg, though this is not considered traditional.
Troy Patterson, at the link, writes as though this cocktails is rather unpalatable. I haven't tried it, but I have to say that Calvados + Madeira sounds good to me. Maybe the egg white, without soda or much acid to balance it, adds an odd mouthfeel; this drink might benefit from soda or lemon (or simply omitting the egg and serving up).
- Mazel Tov Cocktail — Apple brandy, Red wine, Bitters, Honey syrup, Lemon peel
- Ulysses Cocktail — Brandy, Dry vermouth, Cherry Liqueur
- Mother Hen — Bourbon, Madeira, Apricot liqueur, Bitters
- Trick of the Tail — Bourbon, Ruby Port, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Cinnamon, Apple
- Soigné — Cognac, Champagne, Pineau des Charentes, Bitters
- Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto — Brandy, Sake, Luxardo Bitter
- Orchard Keeper — Calvados, Bianco Vermouth, Honey syrup
- Dry and Fruity — Bourbon, Dry vermouth, Bitters, Fig syrup, Grapefruit juice
- Black Feather — Brandy, Dry vermouth, Triple sec, Bitters
- Les Verts Monts — Armagnac, Bianco Vermouth, Cognac, Calvados, Cream Sherry, Bitters, Maple syrup, Apple, Lemon peel