a drink to chase away the chill after you've been sitting for too long at your kid's soccer game in the rain
|2||oz||Old Tom Gin|
|3⁄4||oz||Crème de Violette|
Muddle basil, mint, and a wedge or thick (1/4") slice of orange. Add gin, creme de violette, and campari and shake very well with lots of ice. Strain and serve up or over one large ice cube.
If you don't like how sweet Creme de Violette can be, and you don't like how bitter Campari can be, just mix them together! The layers of flavor in this drink are great.
- A Forest — Old Tom Gin, Allspice Dram, Crème de Violette, Amaro dell'Erborista, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters
- Figgy Martin — Old Tom Gin, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Simple syrup, Lemon peel
- Vigoroso — Genever, Aperol, Sweet vermouth, Orange bitters
- Directorial Debut — Old Tom Gin, Sweet vermouth, Fernet Branca, Honey syrup, Lime juice
- Hercules — Old Tom Gin, Sweet vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters, Orange cream citrate
- William of Orange — Genever, Aperol, Sweet vermouth, Bénédictine, Orange bitters
- Dutch Tulip — Genever, Sweet vermouth, Apricot liqueur, Orange juice
- Skid Row — Genever, Ramazzotti, Apricot liqueur, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Denim Blue Sour — Gin, Crème de Violette, Elderflower liqueur, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Lemon juice
- Astroturf — Old Tom Gin, Sweet vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Absinthe, Lemon bitters