A boozy homage to one of my favorite coffee drinks
|1 1⁄2||oz||Dark rum (espresso bean infused)|
|1⁄2||oz||Virgin Islands Rum, Cruzan Blackstrap|
|1||ds||Cardamom bitters, Scrappy's|
Stirred, strained into a single old fashioned glass. No ice or garnish. Do 1 or 2 dashes of the strongly flavored Scrappy's cardamom bitters depending on how heavy your dash is as well as to taste.
I am an unabashed fan of strong, bitter coffee flavors, and this is a boozy homage to one of my favorite drinks. For the coffee infused rum, infuse 8 oz of dark rum with 1 oz coffee beans for 24 hours. I used El Dorado 8 Year Demerara rum and Intelligentsia Black Cat Espresso. Excepting perhaps Bittermens NOLA Coffee Liqueur, I've rarely had a coffee liqueur that has enough coffee strength and bitterness to my liking. I used Coffee Heering for it's high 70 proof, and infuse it for a few days with additional coffee beans.
- Roberta Black — Dark rum, Coffee liqueur, Fernet Branca, Crème de mure, Peach bitters
- Working Title #2 — Rum, Coffee liqueur, Amaro, Bitters
- Blimey Barista — Dark rum, Coffee liqueur, Chocolate bitters
- Coraje — Dark rum, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Coffee liqueur, Orange bitters, Bitters, Orange peel
- The Black Spot — Rum, Jamaican rum, Coffee liqueur, Islay Scotch, Orange bitters, Rich demerara syrup 2:1
- Edward Teach — Dark rum, Coffee liqueur, Triple sec, Hot sauce
- Jupiter's Acorn — Rum, Walnut Liqueur, Bénédictine, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Whole egg
- Calabura Flip — Jamaican rum, Bitters, Cherry Liqueur, Whole egg, Demerara syrup
- Oh Flip — St. Lucian Rum, Cognac, Becherovka, Bitters, Whole egg, Sugar, Black pepper, Cinnamon
- Coffee & Cigarettes — Coffee liqueur, Cynar, Demerara Rum, Islands Scotch, Mezcal