Dark rum is a type of rum that is either aged in heavily charred barrels or heavily colored with caramel to produce a darkly colored spirit with overtones of molasses. Typically not aged as much an an añejo rum, dark rums lend weight and texture to cocktails. One well known producer is Myer's Dark.
Some popular cocktails containing Dark rum
- Variable High Cloudiness and Gusty Winds — Dark rum, Cynar, Lime juice, Ginger syrup, Blackstrap molasses
- Czechers in Paradise — Dark rum, Becherovka, Licor 43, Lime juice
- SATAMA PUNCH — Kombucha, Light rum, Apricot liqueur, Dark rum, Absinthe, Lemon juice, Passion fruit syrup
- Angus Story Daiquiri — Dark rum, Jamaican rum, Martinique Rum, Lime juice, Cane syrup, Lime
- The Black Spot — Dark rum, Coffee liqueur, Bitters, Islay Scotch