|1 1⁄2||oz||Sweet vermouth, Carpano Punt e Mes|
|1⁄4||oz||Maraschino Liqueur, Luxardo|
Build in glass over ice, either a Collins or a wine goblet, finishing with the sparkling wine and dropping in the orange slice. Stir. Sip. Enjoy.
Concocted in a game of bartender telephone with Adam Manning of the South Place Hotel in London, who adapted an old drink of mine, the Old Giuseppe, by lengthening it with soda water, but accidentally switched the proportions of Cynar and Punt e Mes. His drink is called "Cynar What I Mean?" In response I took my original name, lengthened it with bubbly, and renamed it, reusing an old name I had kicking around.
From other users
- Hannah named it.
- The Long Journey — Amontillado Sherry, Cynar, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Bitters, Lemon peel
- L'Avventura — Dry vermouth, Cynar, Amaro Montenegro, Elderflower liqueur, Absinthe
- Fortunato — Amontillado Sherry, Mezcal, Tequila, Cynar, Bitters
- Suppressor #21 — Cynar, Amontillado Sherry, Chinato, Orange bitters, Grapefruit peel
- Tigress of Forli — Bianco Vermouth, Cynar, Elderflower liqueur, Lemon juice, Lemon peel, Salt
- Lake City Quiet Pill — Sherry, Cynar, Scotch, Crème de Cacao
- Jezebel — Cynar, Dry vermouth, Gin, Celery bitters, Lemon peel
- Floor on the Ceiling — Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Gin, Aromatized wine, Cynar, Orange peel
- Golden Lion — Bianco Vermouth, Aquavit, Galliano, Celery bitters, Lemon peel
- Aperitivo #4 — Manzanilla sherry, Cynar, Suze, Ramazzotti, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Fernet Branca