Shake, strain, straight up, cocktail glass
Some prefer a bit more Gin. Herbal and funky, initially sweet, then sour. Very balanced. If made with Genever, it's a Latest Word.
Robert Hess (Drink Boy) suggest 1/2 oz each. I've scaled this up a bit to a 3 oz cocktail.
From other users
- Use 1 oz gin for a slightly dryer version. Stefan loved it.
- We both rated it about 3.5. Not necessarily put into regular rotation, but it's a good Chartreuse drink. Very interesting and unique flavors. Made equal parts, good. Might try a bit more gin per others' suggestions.
- I prefer this with the gin doubled to 1 1/2 oz and the other ingredients reduced to 1/2 oz. Drops from a 4 to a 3 with equal parts.
- Excellent sour. I can imagine an absinthe rinse, or Peychaud's.
- Genever Bols 3 oz Luzardo 1 oz Lime juice 1.25oz Green Chartreuse 1.25 oz
- Made with 1oz gin (Beefeater). This is a terrific drink.
- I used key lime juice, which added a nice tanginess.
- 1oz brokers
- Very nice complexity. Varying the proportions has a big impact on the final result. Gin is a nice base, chartreuse adds some complexity, maraschino sweetens it up, and the line keeps everything in check.
- Gin- sweet, sour
- sub out gin for mezcal
- Alternative to La Lumiere which substitutes St. Germain instead of Luxardo
- Gin up to 1 1/4 oz. Everything else down to 1/2 oz. Try chartreuse as both a rinse and an ingredient
- My version is actually 1oz of each. This is a great drink.
- Ernst Happel — Gin, Strega, Kirschwasser, Apricot liqueur, Orange bitters, Lemon juice
- JDP — Gin, Maraschino Liqueur, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Lime juice
- Pimm's Up — Genever, Pimm's No. 1 Cup, Celery bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Silvered Mirror — Gin, Herbal liqueur, Absinthe, Bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Junior Ryan's Strega Sour — Gin, Strega, Bitters, Lemon juice, Honey syrup, Egg white
- Daisy Diana — Light rum, Herbal liqueur, Gin, Bitters, Orange cordial, Lemon juice, Mint
- Doppelganger — Genever, Rhum Agricole, Herbal liqueur, Simple syrup, Pineapple juice, Lime juice
- The Fleet Street — Gin, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters, Bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Lemon peel
- The Last Willy — Gin, Herbal liqueur, White Crème de Cacao, Chocolate spirit, Bitters, Chocolate bitters, Lemon juice
- Vow of Silence — Old Tom Gin, Herbal liqueur, Averna, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup