Applejack is an apple brandy based spirit made in the United States, primarily by the Laird Company. Historically made by freeze concentration of hard apple cider and not fractional distillation, applejack is now made by blending neutral spirits with apple brandy to make a lightly apple flavored spirit that is 80 proof.
Laird & Company is based in Scobyville, New Jersey and was the first commercial distiller in the United States, with Distiller's License #1 dated to 1780. They still make a version of applejack through the modern process.
Some popular cocktails containing Applejack
- Hot Buttered Amaro — Ramazzotti, Applejack, Cider, Butter, Orange peel
- Rusty Soul — Applejack, Cardamaro, Kummel, Lemon peel
- Full Windsor Cocktail — Scotch, Applejack, Sweet vermouth, Bénédictine, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange peel
- Delicious Sour — Applejack, Peach liqueur, Soda water, Egg white, Lime juice, Sugar
- Applecart — Applejack, Triple sec, Lemon juice