Averna is a digestif amaro from Sicily. It was invented in 1868 by Salvatore Averna, and is primarily citrus flavored, but also contains other herbs and roots. It is colored with caramel.
Some popular cocktails containing Averna
- Averna Jimjam — Averna, Apricot liqueur, Lemon juice
- La Cola Nostra — Champagne, Guatemalan rum, Averna, Allspice Dram, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Lemon
- 8 Amaro Sazerac — Peychaud's Bitters, Amaro Meletti, Aperol, Amaro, Ramazzotti, Campari, Amaro Sibilla, Averna, Herbal liqueur, CioCiaro, Orange cream citrate
- Bells and Whistles — Bourbon, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Apricot liqueur, Amontillado Sherry, Averna
- Midnight Bouquet — Añejo tequila, Averna, Elderflower liqueur, Mezcal, Grapefruit bitters, Grapefruit peel