Averna is a digestif amaro from Sicily. It was invented in 1868 by Salvatore Averna, and is primarily citrus flavored, but also contains other herbs and roots. It is colored with caramel.
Some popular cocktails containing Averna
- La Cola Nostra — Champagne, Guatemalan rum, Averna, Allspice Dram, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Lemon
- João Gilberto — Averna, Dry vermouth, Cinnamon Schnapps liqueur, Bitters, Spanish Brandy, Orange flower water
- Bells and Whistles — Bourbon, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Apricot liqueur, Amontillado Sherry, Averna
- 8 Amaro Sazerac — Peychaud's Bitters, Amaro Meletti, Aperol, Amaro, Ramazzotti, Campari, Amaro Sibilla, Averna, Herbal liqueur, CioCiaro, Orange cream citrate
- Il Peso — Irish whiskey, Cardamaro, Averna, Campari, Gran Classico, Orange peel