Averna is a digestif amaro from Sicily. It was invented in 1868 by Salvatore Averna, and is primarily citrus flavored, but also contains other herbs and roots. It is colored with caramel.
Some popular cocktails containing Averna
- Bells and Whistles — Bourbon, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Apricot liqueur, Amontillado Sherry, Averna
- Guyanese Missile Crisis — Rum, Coffee liqueur, Averna, Orange peel, Cream, Demerara syrup
- Poirot — Crème de Banane, Averna, Aromatized wine, Crème de Cacao, Cream
- Il Peso — Irish whiskey, Cardamaro, Averna, Campari, Gran Classico, Orange peel
- 8 Amaro Sazerac — Peychaud's Bitters, Amaro Meletti, Aperol, Amaro, Ramazzotti, Campari, Amaro Sibilla, Averna, Herbal liqueur, CioCiaro, Orange cream citrate