Averna is a digestif amaro from Sicily. It was invented in 1868 by Salvatore Averna, and is primarily citrus flavored, but also contains other herbs and roots. It is colored with caramel.
Some popular cocktails containing Averna
- Guyanese Missile Crisis — Rum, Coffee liqueur, Averna, Orange peel, Cream, Demerara syrup
- Averna Jimjam — Averna, Apricot liqueur, Lemon juice
- La Cola Nostra — Champagne, Guatemalan rum, Averna, Allspice Dram, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Lemon
- 8 Amaro Sazerac — Peychaud's Bitters, Amaro Meletti, Aperol, Amaro, Ramazzotti, Campari, Amaro Sibilla, Averna, Herbal liqueur, CioCiaro, Orange cream citrate
- Panic Button — Bourbon, Averna, Campari, Cherry Liqueur, Lemon juice, Lemon peel