Clément Créole Shrubb is a [ingredient=rum rum] based spiced orange liqueur made by the Clément distillery on the island of Martinique. It is made by macerating orange peels and "Créole spices" in a blend of white and aged rhums, filling the spirit into barrels, then adding cane syrup and letting it age.
Créole Shrubb is aromatically complex, taking on an orange blossom aroma from the combination of flowery rhum agricole and orange peel. The spice component is present, but subtly integrated. It can make a great cocktail component, but both takes over drinks quickly and is not a great substitute for other orange liqueurs. Créole Shrubb is 40 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Clément Créole Shrubb
- David Denizen — Light rum, White port, Orange liqueur, Orange bitters
- Spanish Coffee Stout — Stout, Añejo rum, Demerara Rum, Orange liqueur, Coffee liqueur, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Licor 43, Whipped cream, Coffee
- Take on Me — Zucca, Dry vermouth, Orange liqueur, Soda water, Lemon juice, Orange peel
- Anne Bonny's Last Call — Light rum, Orange liqueur, Coconut liqueur, Lime juice, Pineapple syrup, Pineapple, Basil, Lime
- Pay Day — Orange liqueur, Rhum Agricole, Elderflower liqueur, Ginger beer, Simple syrup, Strawberry, Lime
- Zombie Island Punch — Rum, Orange liqueur, Allspice Dram, Bitters, Pomelo juice, Lime juice, Passion fruit syrup, Vanilla syrup
- French Polynesian — Cognac, Rhum Agricole, Demerara Rum, Bénédictine, Orange liqueur, Absinthe, Bitters, Lemon juice, Grapefruit juice, Passion fruit syrup, Vanilla syrup, Simple syrup, Mint
- Pretty Bird — Gin, Orange liqueur, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Grenadine, Cinnamon syrup
- My Oh My Ty — Nicaraguan Rum, Martinique Rum, Orange liqueur, Absinthe, Lime juice, Orgeat, Simple syrup, Mint
- Oh Mai — Navy strength gin, Genever, Orange liqueur, Lime juice, Orgeat, Rich demerara syrup 2:1