Clément Créole Shrubb is a rum based spiced orange liqueur made by the Clément distillery on the island of Martinique. It is made by macerating orange peels and "Créole spices" in a blend of white and aged rhums, filling the spirit into barrels, then adding cane syrup and letting it age.
Créole Shrubb is aromatically complex, taking on an orange blossom aroma from the combination of flowery rhum agricole and orange peel. The spice component is present, but subtly integrated. It can make a great cocktail component, but both takes over drinks quickly and is not a great substitute for other orange liqueurs. Créole Shrubb is 40 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Clément Créole Shrubb
- Margara — Añejo tequila, Orange liqueur, Cynar, Orange bitters, Lime juice
- Sappho Sour — Herbal liqueur, Gin, Orange liqueur, Campari, Lemon bitters, Lemon
- Cuatro Naranjas — Añejo tequila, Aperol, Orange liqueur, Campari, Orange bitters, Lime peel, Orange peel, Lime juice
- Old King Creole — Rye, Brandy, Orange liqueur, Aromatized wine, Grapefruit bitters
- Gruff and Rumble — Rum, Orange liqueur, Branca Menta, Bitters, Lime juice