Coconut water is a pale off-white liquid found in whole, mature coconuts. Coconut water is sterile and can be used as an IV fluid. Coconut water should be not confused with other coconut products like coconut milk. Coconut water is high in potassium and other nutrients.
Coconut water is typically harvested from coconuts or sold in Tetra-Pak or cans. It has a slightly nutty-musky aroma and flavor. Zico and Goya are common brands of commercial coconut water.
Some popular cocktails containing Coconut Water
- Tropicale Nuvole — Light rum, Rum Cream, Coconut Water, Orgeat, Lime juice
- FP Punch — Rum, Figgy Pudding Bitters, Coconut Water, Amaro Nardini
- Coco En Rama — Fino sherry, Bianco Vermouth, Aromatized wine, Pear liqueur, Falernum, Coconut Water
- Tiki Time — Gin, Coconut Water, Lime juice, Orgeat, Cucumber
- Castawry — Martinique Rum, Falernum, Coconut Water, Lime juice, Lime