Coconut water is a pale off-white liquid found in whole, mature coconuts. Coconut water is sterile and can be used as an IV fluid. Coconut water should be not confused with other coconut products like coconut milk. Coconut water is high in potassium and other nutrients.
Coconut water is typically harvested from coconuts or sold in Tetra-Pak or cans. It has a slightly nutty-musky aroma and flavor. Zico and Goya are common brands of commercial coconut water.
Some popular cocktails containing Coconut Water
- Tropicale Nuvole — Light rum, Rum Cream, Coconut Water, Orgeat, Lime juice
- Downtown Daiquiri — Light rum, Coconut Water, Lime juice, Pineapple Gum Syrup, Agave syrup, Cucumber, Mint
- Castaway — Añejo rum, Falernum, Demerara Rum, Bitters, Coconut Water, Pink guava puree, Lime juice
- Coco de Agua — Light rum, Soda water, Coconut Water, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Mint
- Tiki Time — Gin, Coconut Water, Orgeat, Lime juice, Cucumber
- Scotch and Coconut — Islay Scotch, Triple sec, Coconut Water, Star anise, Lemon juice, Salt, Orange peel
- Coconut Water Highball — Overproof rum, Coconut Water, Orange, Pineapple
- St. Barths Buck — Blended rum, Hum, Ginger beer, Coconut Water, Lime juice
- Coco En Rama — Fino sherry, Bianco Vermouth, Aromatized wine, Pear liqueur, Falernum, Coconut Water
- Valeira Gorge — Tawny port, Blended rum, Bitters, Crushed ice, Coconut Water, Lime juice, Vanilla syrup