Coconut water is a pale off-white liquid found in whole, mature coconuts. Coconut water is sterile and can be used as an IV fluid. Coconut water should be not confused with other coconut products like coconut milk. Coconut water is high in potassium and other nutrients.
Coconut water is typically harvested from coconuts or sold in Tetra-Pak or cans. It has a slightly nutty-musky aroma and flavor. Zico and Goya are common brands of commercial coconut water.
Some popular cocktails containing Coconut Water
- FP Punch — Rum, Figgy Pudding Bitters, Coconut Water, Amaro Nardini
- Clumsy Toasted Coconut Punch — Nicaraguan Rum, Applejack, Allspice Dram, Coconut Water
- Coconut Water Highball — Overproof rum, Coconut Water, Pineapple, Orange
- Downtown Daiquiri — Light rum, Coconut Water, Lime juice, Agave syrup, Pineapple Gum Syrup, Mint, Cucumber
- La Que Hay — Genever, Grapefruit liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Coconut Water, Lemongrass syrup, Lemon juice, Nutmeg