Dandelion and Burdock bitters are a brand of cocktail bitters made by Dr. Adam Elmegirab. They were released in 2009, but date back to the 1300's, when tonic drinks were made using both botanicals. Botanicals used include dandelion and burdock root, fresh ginger, citrus peels and star anise.
Dandelion and Burdock bitters have complex flavors of ginger, lemon, licorice, anise, orange, clove, smoked tea, honey, muscovado sugar and malt all against an earthy, bitter background.
Some popular cocktails containing Dandelion & Burdock
- Camomila — Gin, Chamomile liqueur, Bitters, Meyer lemon juice, Honey syrup, Lemon juice
- Spagetti Western — Bourbon, Rye, Chinato, Averna, Bitters
- The Broken Mirror — Absinthe, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Mint
- Lazy Old Sun — Batavia Arrack, Demerara Rum, Allspice Dram, Bitters, Apricot liqueur, Lime juice, Grade B maple syrup
- Whirl-Y-Gig — Rye, Apple brandy, Bitters, Club soda, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Lemon peel
- Mother Hen — Bourbon, Madeira, Apricot liqueur, Bitters
- Bitters Aperitif (Kevin Liu) — Bitters, Chocolate bitters
- Bob Dillin' — Aquavit, Bitters, Cranberry shrub, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- The Citadel — Amontillado Sherry, Maurin Quina, Bitters, Honey syrup