Dandelion and Burdock bitters are a brand of cocktail bitters made by Dr. Adam Elmegirab. They were released in 2009, but date back to the 1300's, when tonic drinks were made using both botanicals. Botanicals used include dandelion and burdock root, fresh ginger, citrus peels and star anise.
Dandelion and Burdock bitters have complex flavors of ginger, lemon, licorice, anise, orange, clove, smoked tea, honey, muscovado sugar and malt all against an earthy, bitter background.
Some popular cocktails containing Dandelion & Burdock
- Whirl-Y-Gig — Rye, Apple brandy, Bitters, Club soda, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Lazy Old Sun — Demerara Rum, Batavia Arrack, Allspice Dram, Bitters, Apricot liqueur, Lime juice, Grade B maple syrup
- Mother Hen — Bourbon, Madeira, Apricot liqueur, Bitters
- Spagetti Western — Rye, Bourbon, Chinato, Averna, Bitters
- Bitters Aperitif (Kevin Liu) — Chocolate bitters, Bitters