Dolin is a producer of vermouth based in the village of Chambery, in southeastern France near the French Alps. Dolin has produced vermouth since 1821 from a local blend of up to 54 herbs and spices native to the region. These herbs and spices include chinchona, wormwood, rose petal, genepi, chamomile and hyssop.
Dolin makes sweet, dry, and bianco vermouths, though they are all based in white wine. Dolin vermouths are typically more subtle and delicate than other versions. All their vermouths have a high percentage (between 75 and 80) of wine in the finished product.
In 1932, Dolin vermouths were granted Appelation d'Origene Controlee status by the French government. They are the only vermouth producer to have an AOC. The sweet and bianco versions are 32 proof, and the dry is 35, due to a lower sugar content of around 30 grams per liter.
Dolin vermouths are imported by Haus Alpenz.
Some popular cocktails containing Dolin
- Black Clover Club — Gin, Dry vermouth, Lemon juice, Egg white, Blackberry preserves
- Summer in Manhattan — Rye, Amaro, Dry vermouth, Aromatized wine, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Aperitivo Julep — Dry vermouth, Peach liqueur, CioCiaro, Mint
- Cusp of Summer — Cachaça, Dry vermouth, Strawberry shrub
- Kellyanne — Pear Vodka, Vanilla vodka, Pear liqueur, Dry vermouth, Apple cider, Cinnamon, Pear
- The BK — Rye, Amaro, Maraschino Liqueur, Dry vermouth, Bitters
- Price of Prudence — Gin, Aromatized wine, Dry vermouth, Honey Liqueur, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Safety Dance — Dry vermouth, Bianco Vermouth, Soda water, Lemon juice, Tea syrup, Lemon peel
- Fresa Cervesa — Bourbon, Dry vermouth, Hop Syrup, Lemon juice, Strawberry, Hop extract
- Icelandish — Gin, Dry vermouth, Kummel, Grapefruit bitters, Lemon peel