Hayman's is a brand of Old Tom gin made by the Hayman Distillery in London. Originally founded by James Burrough in the 1800's, Hayman's is run today by James' great grandson, Christopher Hayman.
Hayman's Old Tom is a botanical-heavy, lightly sweetened gin, with between 2 and 3 percent sugar added. Originally there to disguise poor distilling methods, sugar softens the spirit in a way that allows the piney character of juniper to come through.
Hayman's Old Tom is clear, with a complex aromatic profile of juniper, citrus, cardamom, and orris. Due to the sugar, the mouthfeel is heavy and oily, but citrus and juniper flavors punch through nicely. Hayman's Old Tom is 80 proof, and imported by Haus Alpenz.
Some popular cocktails containing Hayman's
- The Naughty Sundress — Old Tom Gin, Manzanilla sherry, Elderflower liqueur, Basil eau de vie, Peach bitters, Lemon peel
- Casino Green — Old Tom Gin, Aromatized wine, Herbal liqueur, Peach bitters
- Blue Steel — Old Tom Gin, Herbal liqueur, Lemon juice, Pineapple juice, Cinnamon syrup
- The Winchester — Old Tom Gin, Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Grenadine, Ginger syrup
- The Minton — Old Tom Gin, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Aperol, Orange bitters
- Black Cat — Mezcal, Sweet vermouth, Amontillado Sherry, Old Tom Gin, Cane syrup, Grapefruit peel
- The Risk Pool — Old Tom Gin, Crème de Violette, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice
- A Forest — Old Tom Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Amaro dell'Erborista, Crème de Violette, Allspice Dram, Bitters
- Rinse & Repeat — Old Tom Gin, Sweet vermouth, Aperol, Rye, Absinthe, Grapefruit peel
- Fear and Loathing in Princeton — Old Tom Gin, Campari, Averna, Mezcal, Agave syrup, Orange peel