Marie Brizard is a producer of liqueurs, spirits, wines, and other alcohol based in Bordeaux, France. It was founded in 1755 by Marie Brizard and her nephew, Jean-Baptiste Roger. By 1765, they were producing [ingredient=anisette anisette], creme de Barbade, cinnamon liqueur, [ingredient=parfait-amour Parfait Amour], and other liqueurs. By the middle of the 20th century, Marie Brizard had become a Scotch importer, producer of gin, and still made liqueurs. By the end of the 20th century, they had bought a winery in Rioja, Gautier Cognac, and other spirit brands.
Today, Marie Brizard International is owned by Belvedere, the Polish vodka company. They have started selling off other spirit lines within their company to focus on what they do well - dozens of liqueurs and other spirits.
Marie Brizard makes dozens of liqueurs in a range of fruit flavors. They are probably most famous for Apry, an [ingredient=apricot-liqueur apricot liqueur] made using [ingredient=cognac Cognac] and apricots from South Africa and Roussillon, in the south of France, [ingredient=creme-de-cacao Creme de Cacao], [ingredient=parfait-amour Parfait Amour] (violet, red fruits, honey) and their version of orange [ingredient=curacao Curaçao], and their Poire William liqueur, made with a base of pear eau de vie and flavored with Williams pears.
Some popular cocktails containing Marie Brizard
- Petticoat — Gin, Falernum, Apricot liqueur, Lime juice, Cane syrup
- A Moment of Silence — Rye, Apricot liqueur, Averna, Bitters, Apple brandy, Campari, Orange peel
- the Nevins — Bourbon, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Orange juice, Lemon juice
- Oude Veer — Genever, Bitters, Apricot liqueur, Maraschino Liqueur, Lemon juice
- Trick of the Tail — Bourbon, Ruby Port, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Cinnamon, Apple