Milagro is a brand of [ingredient=tequila tequila] (NOM 1559 - Tequileria Milagro SA de CV) that is imported into the United States by William Grant and Sons. Milagro was founded by two friends named Danny and Moy who seem to have no last names.
Milagro does a lot of things the traditional way - they own an agave estate, and produce only 100% agave tequila. They roast the piñas in clay ovens (hornos) instead of autoclaves. Once roasted, the piñas are mechanically shredded and pressed, with water added to help release sugars, then fermented in stainless steel. The resulting ordinario is distilled twice in a copper lined stainless steel pot still, then distilled a third time through a column still, which gives it smoothness at the expense of flavor.
Milagro makes six tequilas - a [ingredient=blanco-tequila blanco], [ingredient=reposado-tequila reposado] and [ingredient=anejo-tequila añejo] and a reserve version of each of type (these have a piña shape blown into the bottom of each bottle). The regular reposado is aged for six months in wood, and the regular añejo is aged for 18 months. In the reserve line, all of the tequilas are aged in wood, from 35 days for the blanco to 10 months for the reposado, and 36 months for the añejo.
Some popular cocktails containing Milagro
- Mexican Cloud — Tequila, Rhubarb bitters, Pomegranate juice, Simple syrup, Herbal liqueur
- Untitled — Blanco tequila, Dry vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Maraschino Liqueur
- Cassis Party — Blanco tequila, Bénédictine, Cassis, Bitters, Lime juice
- Conquistador (Jaime Salas) — Reposado Tequila, Ancho Reyes chile liqueur, Crème de Cacao, Manzanilla sherry, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Spanish Union — Blanco tequila, Sherry, Bitters, Lime juice, Cinnamon syrup
- Ticket to Paradise — Tequila, Sloe gin, Swedish Punsch, Bitters, Lemon juice
- Hot and Stormy — Reposado Tequila, Ginger beer, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Agave syrup, Worcestershire sauce, Hot sauce
- No Problem w/ This 1 — Blanco tequila, Aperol, Bitters, Strawberry/Raspberry shrub, Lime juice
- Sierra Madre — Tequila, Allspice Dram, Orange bitters, Bitters, Orange juice, Lemon juice
- Maximilian Affair (tequila) — Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Lemon juice