Nardini is a producer of grappa and other spirits based in the town of Bassano, Italy, near the base of Monte Grappa. Nardini was founded in 1779 by Bortolo Nardini, a distiller from Trentino. Over the years, Nardini has pioneered steam heating of the distillate and vacuum distillation at lower temperatures.
Nardini has two distilleries today. The original in Bassano that uses pot stills, and a nearby one in Monastier that uses column distillation. The Nardini grappa are blends of both types of spirit. The Nardini family still own the company.
Nardini makes a large range of products, everything from unaged and aged grappa, brandy, amari, and other liqueurs. Among the more interesting products are Acqua di Cedro, which is citron flavored (not cedar), Mandorla, which is grappa with added cherry distillate and bitter almond extracts.
Some popular cocktails containing Amaro Nardini
- Metal Urbain — Cognac, Sweet vermouth, Amaro Nardini, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Orange peel
- The Notorious F.L.I.P. — Jamaican rum, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Amaro Nardini, Whole egg, Demerara syrup, Nutmeg
- Adventures Close to Home — Rhum Agricole, Mezcal, Amaro Nardini, Swedish Punsch, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Grapefruit peel
- Five Points — Reposado Tequila, Mezcal, Sweet vermouth, Amaro Nardini, Nocino, Bitters, Orange
- Blood Eagle — Aquavit, Sherry, Amaro Nardini, Campari, Fernet Vallet, Orange peel, Grapefruit peel
- Banana Manifesto — Añejo tequila, Crème de Banane, Coconut liqueur, Amaro Nardini, Coffee Pecan Bitters, Orange peel
- Mr. Hyde — Amaro Nardini, Cynar, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Strawberry, Demerara syrup, Mint
- Ends of the Earth — Añejo tequila, Crème de Banane, Amaro Nardini, Orange peel
- Flor de Cafe — Rum, Amaro Nardini, Peychaud's Bitters, Coffee, Demerara syrup, Orange peel
- Doom & Gloom — Virgin Islands Rum, Amaro Nardini, Sweet vermouth, Navy strength rum, Grapefruit peel