Nardini is a producer of grappa and other spirits based in the town of Bassano, Italy, near the base of Monte Grappa. Nardini was founded in 1779 by Bortolo Nardini, a distiller from Trentino. Over the years, Nardini has pioneered steam heating of the distillate and vacuum distillation at lower temperatures.
Nardini has two distilleries today. The original in Bassano that uses pot stills, and a nearby one in Monastier that uses column distillation. The Nardini grappa are blends of both types of spirit. The Nardini family still own the company.
Nardini makes a large range of products, everything from unaged and aged grappa, brandy, amari, and other liqueurs. Among the more interesting products are Acqua di Cedro, which is citron flavored (not cedar), Mandorla, which is grappa with added cherry distillate and bitter almond extracts.
Some popular cocktails containing Amaro Nardini
- Negromaro — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Amaro Nardini
- Boston Common — Rye, Cognac, Sweet vermouth, Amaro Nardini, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Flor de Cafe — Rum, Peychaud's Bitters, Coffee, Demerara syrup, Amaro Nardini, Orange peel
- Riddles in the Dark — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Bitters, Cherry Liqueur, Amaro Nardini, Lemon peel
- Stigmata — Cognac, Bianco Vermouth, Amaro Nardini, Mint