Amaro Nonino Quintessentia is an digestif amaro made in Fruili, in northern Italy. It is grappa based, and infused with a blend of many herbs, spices and roots, including gentian, saffron, licorice, rhubarb, sweet and bitter orange, tamarind, quassia bark, chinchona bark, and galenga, among other things. It is a light reddish brown color and 70 proof.
Nonino is a bit less sweet, less bitter, and lighter in texture than other amari. It is aged for five years in oak barrels.
Some popular cocktails containing Amaro Nonino
- Fly-By-Knight — Red wine, Bourbon, Amaro Nonino, Aperol, Lemon juice, Egg white
- Money — Reposado Tequila, Amaro Nonino, Herbal liqueur, Mezcal, Passion fruit puree
- Pink Floyd's Eclipse — Brut Champagne, Amaro Nonino, Calvados
- Amaro Paisano — Bourbon, Campari, Amaro Nonino, Bitters, Simple syrup, Orange peel
- White Oak Propeller — Old Tom Gin, Bianco Vermouth, Amaro Nonino, Aperol
- The Italian American Cocktail — Bourbon, Campari, Amaro Nonino, Lemon juice, Maple syrup, Lemon peel
- Champagne Year — Champagne, Aromatized wine, Amaro Nonino, Peychaud's Bitters, Grapefruit juice, Marmalade, Rose water
- Fall Down Slow — Rum, Cognac, Plum wine, Cynar, Amaro Nonino, Peychaud's Bitters
- MoJo Hannah — Reposado Tequila, Amaro Nonino, Campari, Aperol, Scotch, Grapefruit peel
- The Divine Lorraine — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Amaro Nonino, Elderflower liqueur, Orange cream citrate, Orange peel