Orange marmalade is a cooked down mixture of bitter orange (also known as Seville orange - citrus aurantium var. aurantium) peel, often suspended in a clear jelly made from the juice of the bitter orange and thickened with pectin cooked out of orange seeds. Sweet oranges have too much juice and not enough pectin to properly set a marmalade made from them.
Orange marmalade has an intense sweet-tart flavor with a perfumey-woody orange note unique to bitter orange.
Bitter oranges have ephedra-like compounds in them, and may also interfere with statin drugs in the way that grapefruit juice does.
Some popular cocktails containing Orange marmalade
- Flor de Jalisco — Blanco tequila, Lemon juice, Agave syrup, Orange marmalade, Orange peel
- Wearing Jorts, Grinning Madly — Sparkling white wine, Gin, Absinthe, Lemon juice, Grapefruit juice, Simple syrup, Orange marmalade, Grapefruit peel
- El Momento Perfecto — Puerto Rican Rum, Aromatized wine, Byrrh, Campari, Bitters, Orange marmalade
- McGlashan — Irish whiskey, Oloroso sherry, Bitters, Lemon juice, Ginger syrup, Orange marmalade, Nutmeg
- Breakfast Bourbon — Bourbon, Bitters, Lemon juice, Orange marmalade
- Pink Sonya — Gin, Dry vermouth, Orange liqueur, Campari, Orange marmalade
- Lie Detector — Bourbon, Amaro Nonino, Bitters, Pomegranate juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Orange marmalade
- Breakfast Martini — Gin, Triple sec, Lemon juice, Orange marmalade, Orange peel
- Paddington — Light rum, Aromatized wine, Absinthe, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice, Orange marmalade
- Chelsea Manning — Bourbon, Demerara Rum, Bitters, Lime juice, Orange marmalade, Demerara syrup
Explore more Orange marmalade cocktails.