This bitter and refreshing cocktail is great for hot climates and to relax with after a hard days work. It is my Bacardi Legacy cocktail for 2012.
|1 1⁄2||oz||Puerto Rican Rum, Bacardi|
|4||ds||Bitters, Bitter Truth Orange|
Stir all ingredients over cubed ice then julep strain into an old fashioned glass over fresh ice. Garnish with a lemon twist.
For a full on orange, use strong breakfast marmalade, it gives it some punch!
This cocktail is my Bacardi Legacy entry for 2012 and has so far been featured in Imbibe, The Floating Rum Shack, Culture Bar, The Reading Post and True Originals. It will also be in Gaz Regan's 101 Best New Cocktails of 2012.
- Banks of Torino — Blended rum, Campari, Aromatized wine, Bitters, Orange peel
- Bark & Bite — Nicaraguan Rum, Aromatized wine, Zucca, Lemon peel
- Swords Up — Pisco, Aromatized wine, Campari, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters
- A Bullet for Fredo — Grappa, Bianco Vermouth, Campari, Grapefruit peel
- The Black Stallion Sets Sail — Virgin Islands Rum, Aromatized wine, Campari, Fernet Branca, Salt Solution, Orange peel
- Dr. Ooops — Bianco Vermouth, Orange Curaçao, Rum, Bitters
- Winter's Nap / Spring Awakening — Vodka, Aromatized wine, Aperol
- Jalisco en Partes Iguales — Reposado Tequila, Aperol, Aromatized wine, Lime, Salt
- Décolletage — Reposado Tequila, Aromatized wine, Aperol, Fernet Branca, Orange peel
- Secret Religion — Tequila, Aromatized wine, Bitters, Crema de mezcal, Bénédictine, Chocolate bitters