Parfait Amour is a purple colored, violet, rose and citrus flavored liqueur. Some producers add almonds, vanilla, or other spices to their version of Parfait Amour. Parfait Amour is fairly sweet, with many versions at 50 proof. It smells and tastes somewhat of purple jellybeans, though there is a lot of variation in flavor due to the different recipes.
The House of Bols claims to have invented Parfait Amour, but others now produce their version. Among those are deKuyper, Marie Brizard, Pages, and Joseph Cartron.
Because of the additional flavors other than violet in Parfait Amour, it is not well substituted for crème de violette in cocktails.
Some popular cocktails containing Parfait Amour
- Hikihoho — Martinique Rum, Blanco tequila, Triple sec, Coconut liqueur, Parfait Amour, Lime juice, Pineapple juice, Orgeat, Vanilla extract
- Bar Fly — Gin, Parfait Amour, Pineapple juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Lemon peel
- Transatlantic — Gin, Crème de Cacao, Parfait Amour, Orange bitters, Lemon juice
- Rock Easy — Maraschino Liqueur, Curaçao, Parfait Amour, Bitters, Rock & rye, Orange peel
- Jupiter Cocktail — Gin, Dry vermouth, Parfait Amour, Orange juice
- Safira Stone — Vodka, Parfait Amour, Dry white wine, Cherry
- Trilby Cocktail #2 — Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Parfait Amour, Absinthe, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- 1,001 Tiaras — Pisco, Parfait Amour, Bitters, Lemon juice, Ginger syrup, Raspberry
- Bonjour Farrokh — Gin, Triple sec, Parfait Amour, Grapefruit liqueur, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Orange peel
- Sword at your Ex-Girlfriend's Wedding — Gin, Parfait Amour, Peach liqueur, Lemon juice, Cinnamon syrup, Orange peel