Vya is a producer of sweet and dry vermouth made by Andrew Quady in Madera, California. The Quady winery has been around since the mid-1970's and is known for dessert wines and Port-style wines. About ten years ago, Andrew decided to use his wines to make vermouth.
Vya dry vermouth is made from a base wine of Colombard and Orange Muscat, aromatized with botanicals like elecampine, galangal, orris, lavender, angelica and linden.
Some popular cocktails containing Vya
- Your Cover's Blown — Gin, Dry vermouth, Campari, Crème de Menthe, Rhubarb bitters, Lemon juice
- The Doe's Path — Rye, Dry vermouth, Cynar, Bénédictine, Rosemary
- Scofflaw 2 — Rye, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Grenadine
- Carolina Sundress — Bourbon, Dry vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Lemon juice
- Alto Cucina #2 — Bourbon, Dry vermouth, Cynar, Crème de Fraise
- Dandelion — Dry vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Orange peel
- The Envy of the Birds and the Bees — Dry vermouth, Gin, Herbal liqueur, Campari, Bitters
- Rambler — Rye, Dry vermouth, Amaro Nonino, Maraschino Liqueur, Maraschino cherry
- Chestnut Dream — Chestnut liqueur, Gin, Dry vermouth, Sweet vermouth, Bitters
- Perfect Summit Manhattan — Bourbon, Dry vermouth, Muscat Wine, Orange Curaçao, Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Orange peel