Vya is a producer of sweet and dry vermouth made by Andrew Quady in Madera, California. The Quady winery has been around since the mid-1970's and is known for dessert wines and Port-style wines. About ten years ago, Andrew decided to use his wines to make vermouth.
Vya dry vermouth is made from a base wine of Colombard and Orange Muscat, aromatized with botanicals like elecampine, galangal, orris, lavender, angelica and linden.
Some popular cocktails containing Vya
- Rambler — Rye, Dry vermouth, Amaro Nonino, Maraschino Liqueur, Maraschino cherry
- Scofflaw 2 — Rye, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Grenadine
- Dandelion — Dry vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Orange peel
- Alto Cucina #2 — Bourbon, Dry vermouth, Crème de Fraise, Cynar
- Radical — Rye, Prosecco, Sweet vermouth, Lime bitters, Orange juice