A simple yet bright bourbon cocktail.
|2||oz||Bourbon, Four Roses|
|3⁄4||oz||Dry vermouth, Vya|
|3⁄4||oz||Maraschino Liqueur, Luxardo|
Stir all ingredients gently with ice and strain into a chilled coupe. Garnish with a small lemon wheel on the rim, or a lemon twist.
Originally inspired by Difford's "Bourbonella," which features triple sec and grenadine.
From other users
- Didn't have the recommended vermouth. Used 1/2 recommended part sweet Vermut Lacuesta and 1/2 part Gran Classico bitters. Interesting
- Subbed Atsby Armadillo Cake for the Vya, with excellent results.
- Whiskey sour on steroids. Delicious!
- I made it with Elijah Craig 12 Yr Old bourbon. Probably would have been better w the 4 Roses. Also only had Noily Pratt Dry vermouth May try again w 4 Roses and Dolin or the suggested Vya.
- Martilla — Añejo tequila, Dry vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- bargellino — Rye, Dry vermouth, Montenegro, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange peel
- Fall Warmth — Apple brandy, Maraschino Liqueur, Amontillado Sherry, Bitters, Lemon juice
- Baumé Squad — Bourbon, Red wine, Bitters, Lemon juice, Grenadine, Orange juice, Orange peel
- Berkshire Daiquiri — Gold rum, Orange liqueur, Dry vermouth, Ginger shrub, Lime juice
- Manly Pink Drink — Midwest Wheat White Whiskey, Dry vermouth, Crème Yvette, Lemon juice
- Scofflaw 2 — Rye, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Grenadine
- Bombay Cocktail (No.2) — Brandy, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Triple sec, Absinthe
- The Mothership Connection — Apple brandy, Palo Cortado Sherry, Sorel liqueur, Batavia Arrack, Virgin Islands Rum, Bitters, Lime juice, Honey Ginger Syrup
- New York Sour — Rye, Red wine, Curaçao, Lemon juice, Water, Sugar