|1||oz||Aquavit, North Shore|
|1||oz||Gin, Uncle Val's Botanical|
|1⁄2||oz||Sweet vermouth, Carpano Punt e Mes|
|2||ds||Orange bitters, Regans' orange bitters|
Stir, strain, chilled cocktail glass.
For a less spice driven flavor, use a more traditional Aquavit. Very complex with multiple layers or flavors and aromas.
This recipe lead me to being a finalist for the 2013 Uncle Val's Best Botanical Gin Contest held at the Night Club & Bar Show in Las Vegas. Also just named one of Gaz Regan's 101 Best New Cocktails of 2014.
From other users
- Sweet, but the herbal flavors keep it from being too cloying.
- A solid stirred offering, as expected. Made with Brenevín. I'd like to try again with an aquavit with more spice/intensity.
- May Fair — Sweet vermouth, Aquavit, Gin, Bénédictine, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange peel
- Vit Bit — Aquavit, Gin, Ginger liqueur, Triple sec, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Gasper Cocktail — Gin, Absinthe, Simple syrup
- Food for Thought — Gin, Aquavit, Aromatized wine, Maraschino Liqueur, Jasmine Liqueur
- One, One, One — Bianco Vermouth, Gin, Aquavit, Orange bitters
- Complement Cocktail — Gin, Aquavit, Maraschino Liqueur, Dill