|1⁄2||oz||Light rum, Diplomatico Planas|
|1⁄4||oz||Cane syrup (Fat)|
Shake all ingredients with ice for 15 seconds, strain into coupe. Either no garnish, or garnish with lime twist or lime wheel.
Originally made with Bacardi 1909 Superior Heritage, a 89 proof white rum, that I believe is out of production. I've been making this lately with the recently introduced Diplomatico Planas (94 proof), but any standard 80 proof light rum should work fine.
Part of my 2015 "Daiquiri-palooza" of weekly daiquiri riffs for an entire year. Name after the city where Becherovka is produced, Karlovy Vary (aka Carlsbad).
- Metamorphosis — Becherovka, Honey syrup, Lemon juice, Lemon zest
- Bech & Gall — Galliano, Becherovka, Bourbon, Lemon juice, Demerara syrup
- Fears and Failures — Becherovka, Walnut Liqueur, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- The Broken Mirror — Absinthe, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Mint
- Letoslav — Becherovka, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Czechers in Paradise — Dark rum, Becherovka, Licor 43, Lime juice
- Caraway Daiquiri — Aquavit, Herbal liqueur, Lime juice, Cane syrup, Mint, Salt
- Caraway Sour — Rhum Agricole, Light rum, Thai Bitters, Lime juice, Cumin syrup, Orange flower water, Almond syrup
- Czech it at the Door — Becherovka, Rye, Fernet Branca, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Orange peel
- Red Square — Becherovka, Lemon juice, Vanilla syrup, Rosemary, Raspberry